Borosilicate glass is a special sort of glass that combines with two chemicals in high concentration: boron trioxide and silica which allows for a very low coefficient of thermal expansion. These safe and environmental-friendly chemicals make borosilicate glass more heat resistant than other kinds of glass in the market. Its endurance has made it the glass of choice for high-end restaurants, laboratories, and wineries. You need to know about the casino ohne anmeldung.
Advantages and features of borosilicate glass
- Borosilicate glass has a high melting point that makes it much more heat-resistant than many standard glass types. This feature makes it completely non-toxic. Borosilicate glass manufacturers in India use it as a safe material to make heat-resistant Distillation Apparatus Glass.
- And due to its low thermal expansion coefficient, it can maintain its transparency and strength even when exposed to extremely high temperatures.
- Also, it is used for other purposes. Food and drink from borosilicate containers usually taste tastier since the material does not strain out.
- Another advantage of borosilicate glass consists in its multifunctional. It combines high heat resistance with high resistance against chemical aggressions. The long-term service temperature is around 450ÂÂ°C.
- Besides, the glass is resistant to water, neutral and acid solutions, strong acids, and saline solutions. These properties allow the application where soda-lime glass fails. Owing to its high optical translucency, borosilicate glass already transmits part of UV-B radiation and UV-A radiation very much.
What is Borosilicate Glass used for?
The history of borosilicate glass goes back to the 19th century. Boron trioxide and silica included in Borosilicate Glass allows for low coefficients of thermal expansion and thermal shock resistance make borosilicate glass superior to ordinary glass.
Borosilicate glass has a comprehensive range of uses among which the popular ones are listed below:
- Research and chemistry labs: Researchers and chemists prefer borosilicate glass for its ability to resistant both extremes of acid and heat.
- Cookware: Most household glass cookware is made from borosilicate glass, as dishes must be able to move from the oven to the refrigerator. Also, Borosilicate glass does not crack at high temperatures when it is put in ovens. It’s ideal, therefore, for casserole dishes.
- Water Jugs/Bottles: It is strong enough to compete with plastic and more durable than Soda-lime glass.
- Wine glasses: Some wine glasses are made of borosilicate glass. Borosilicate glass manufacturers in India design them in this way to enhance strength and durability.
- Industrial applications: Borosilicate glass is much more durable than traditional soda-lime glass. That’s why many industrial manufacturers prefer to use it across a variety of heavy-duty applications, such as panels on consoles or for viewing machinery.
Borosilicate glass manufacturers in India
HL Scientific Industries specialize in tailoring various types of Scientific and laboratory equipment, components for clients and customers according to their requirements and demands. We don’t compromise with “safety and quality”. Our sound glass manufacturing methods and extensive technical support ensure that you get the industrial glass/equipment/components as per your preference.
Get the premium quality of industrial glass and various types of equipment used in processing plants at unmatched prices from Borosilicate glass manufacturers in India today!